Monday, March 8, 2010

Me and Music

I remember there was one artist that was liked by so many people. She grew up singing both spanish and english music. Even though she didn't even speak spanish at first. Her name was Selena, a tex-mex singer. Her music was romantic and with beat and rhythm. Till one day she was shot and murdered by a person close to her. That day will be remembered by many. So many people mourned her death since she was really popular and known.

My choice of music was more on the mexican side. I listened to the corridos music and romantic spanish music. Every now and then Id sneak in english music like 50 Cent,Mariah Carey my all-time favorite. My liking for music never really changed a lot. It was always either r&b or spanish music.

My favorite bands and artists would have been Duelo,Selena,Mariah Carey and Banda El Recodo. I really had a big thing for spanish bands. My parents enjoyed it too since it was in spanish so they would understand it! I never really listened to the Rap and Hip-Hop but every now and then on the radio I would sing along.

The older generation really didn't like our music since there was a lot of vulgar language in it. Then some of the video's or should I say most of them were very sexual and degrading in some points. But other then that I think some even enjoyed the beats!

I remember going to a concert in a super jam packed club. That club had been having rumors about it collapsing because of the amount of people that would attend it. One night my favorite band, Banda El Recodo came finally! They are a 17 man group with big instruments and their music did a lot of heavy stepping. I pondered whether I should go because of the rumors. I ended up going,luckily they did a max capacity for attendants. It was one of the greatest concerts I have attended. I even was able to get up on stage and dance with the group! My parents weren't really happy about that since a picture was posted on a mexican magazine!

But now I'm older,kind of. And I noticed that my taste in music has been staying the same. I don't think I'll ever change it either way. Maybe if one day the music from now stops being so vulgar and all about shooting and money. But till then,I'm staying right where i have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment