Thursday, March 25, 2010

Your Vote

Well I am a citizen. Both my parents have visa's to be here and are working to get their citizenship. I do think it is important for every person that is a citizen should vote. If they have the age. They should. It's a very big decision for everyone in the United States that could either change the way we live or make things worse. If we don't vote then start whining about the new President not doing anything about who knows what topic. Those people really shouldn't even talk because for one they didn't do take the ten minutes to go and vote for a good candidate.

I did vote in the past election. It was my first time being able to vote so I was very very excited to go and say my name,get the paper and stand in the little space for me to vote. I voted before a lot of people because I had to leave the state and I wouldn't be there on the election night so I right away ran to a voting area and voted. It made me feel like I had a sense of power! Like my voice was going to be heard. I felt great.

In school everyone would always be talking about the campaign. It was probably the first time that I heard so many teenagers interested in an election. But mostly what I heard was Obama's name. Since my school was very populated with more students like Hispanics and African Americans. I'm thinking most of the students didn't even know what Obama would be giving to the people. I think they just wanted him to win for the same reason that he was African American. I voted for Obama because of his main issues he was going to target. Education and health care. So now he is president and I am very hopeful for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment